Know the Signs of Anxiety
Occasional anxiety is normal and not always negative. Sometimes anxiety can help motivate us when under pressure. When it becomes persistent, overwhelming and feels uncontrollable, you may be struggling with an anxiety disorder. With anxiety disorders, symptoms do not easily go away and worsen over time. They interfere with your ability to do usual, daily things like get out of bed, go to school, and hang out with your friends.
Some common symptoms you may experience if you are struggling with an anxiety disorder:
- Constantly feeling tense, worried, or on edge
- Anxiety is interfering with school, family, and friends
- Avoiding places and activities to lessen anxiety
- Always expecting the worst
- Trouble focusing
Some common physical symptoms include:
- Trouble breathing
- Rapid heartbeat or chest pain
- Shaking or trembling
The good news is there are things you can do, many which are very simple, to help relieve anxiety. Check out the Skills and Strategies page to learn some techniques to tackle anxiety.